Nanda Bawajigen – Seek Your Dream
The Nanda Bawajigen – Seek Your Dream grant opportunity was established to enable members of the Native American community to “Seek Your Dream” that will help sustain tribal traditions or strengthen/teach your tribal language in your community. This grant can’t be used as a seed grant, the effort must show involvement and some progress over a minimum of 6 months prior to application.
Eligibility Requirements and Criteria
- Applicant must be a tribal member of a Native American community and involved in sustaining tribal traditions in the community.
- Must be 18 years and older, or if you are under the age of 18, you must have two adult sponsors and/or have a high school diploma or high school equivalency certificate.
- Applicants must identify their specific project and demonstrate community and tribal support.
- Awardees must be willing to submit year-end grant reporting to the review committee to demonstrate how grant dollars were used and to determine if they are able to reapply.
- Renewal awards are available up to 1 year. Applicants must reapply for a renewal award.
- Your tribe does not need to have federal recognition for you to apply.
- $1,000 - $2,000