Ramona Burnham Scholarship Foundation
The Ramona Burnham Scholarship Foundation was established to provide a $5,000 scholarship to a graduating senior from Baldwin Park Unified School District. Ramona was a kindergarten and first grade teacher in Baldwin Park for over 20 years. Her family and friends honor her work with the children she loved by awarding a scholarship each year to a Baldwin Park Unified School District graduating senior.
- Must be a graduating senior from Baldwin Park Unified School District
- Be attending a community college, four-year college of university, vocational or trade school in the fall
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Must demonstrate financial need (preference will go to students whose expected family contribution EFC is less than $10,000 and below on your FAFSA/SAR)
- Preference will be given to students who are bilingual or who speak English as a second language. Students can submit a proof of Seal of Biliteracy Award if applicable
- Must be enrolled full time in the fall
Scholarship award may be used for the cost of attendance at the institution you will be attending.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a high school senior attending a high school in the Baldwin Park Unified School District?
- Essay: Please discuss your career goals, ambitions and interests? (minimum of 3 paragraphs)
- Essay: Select one of your BPUSD K-12 educators (teacher, counselor or administrator) and discuss how they influenced your career goals. (minimum of 3 paragraphs)
- You are required to provide two letters of recommendation: please provide first letter of recommendation written by any school staff person or other responsible adult.
- Please provide second letter of recommendation written by any school staff person or other responsible adult.
- Are you bilingual or speak English as a second language?
- Do you have a Seal of Biliteracy Award?
- Please provide a proof of Seal of Biliteracy Award if applicable.
- Show 3 more