The Philip M. Dowd Memorial Scholarship
The Philip M. Dowd Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance for college bound students pursuing a degree in Public Affairs/Administration or Political Science & Government who have endured hardship and/or overcome obstacles to achieve their goals. This award is based on Philip M. Dowd’s belief that a college education is one of the best tools for those who wish to get ahead in life and his commitment to giving back to the community.
• Be a graduating high school senior or community college student attending a school in the following counties: Sacramento, Placer, Yolo, Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Nevada, Shasta or Tehama
• Be pursuing a degree in Public Affairs/Administration or Political Science & Government
• Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
• Plan to attend an accredited two or four year college or university
• Demonstrate financial need