The Pacific Coast Building Products Scholarship
The Pacific Coast Building Products Charitable Foundation was established in March of 1999 to benefit the children and grandchildren of current employees and retired employees of Pacific Coast Building Products. The purpose of the scholarship is to help young students fulfill their dreams of a higher education.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be a child or grandchild of a current, retired or deceased employee of Pacific Coast Building Products
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Be a high school or undergraduate college student planning to attend an accredited two or four year college, university, or vocational school in the upcoming academic year
- The recipient must enroll in at least twelve (12) academic units per semester during the year of the scholarship award, or an equivalent number of academic units per quarter if based on a quarter systems
- Demonstrate financial need by submitting your full Student Aid Report from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Dream Act Application
Scholarship Award Details
- The award can be used for all educational expenses and related items, including: tuition & fees, computers, calculators, books & supplies (no asset purchases other than the examples mentioned).
- The award will be issued over the course of one academic year. The Sacramento Region Community Foundation will disburse the award directly to the student.
- Renewal awards are available up to 4 years.
A scholarship committee will review each student who applies. The members of the committee will not be affiliated with Pacific Coast Building Products.
- $500 - $5,000
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a child or grandchild of a current, retired or deceased employee of Pacific Coast Building Products
- Please provide your sponsor's name (employee who works or worked for Pacific Coast Building Products)
- Please provide the sponsor's occupation
- How are you related? example - parent or grandparent
- Does he/she currently work for PCBP?
- What location do they work at?
- Did he/she retire from PCBP?
- What location and what year were they employed at PCBP?
- Has anyone in your family been awarded the PCBP scholarship in the past? If yes, please list name of family member.
- Essay: please write an essay on the following topic - What are your academic goals and why is receiving this scholarship important to you?
- Letter of Reference: provide a letter of reference from an individual who you are not related to. The reference letter must identify the individuals name, title, and relationship to you.
- Show 6 more