Nancy B. Reardan Scholarship Fund
The Nancy B. Reardan Scholarship was established to provide financial assistance to female high school students in Sacramento County who are pursuing a higher education, with a preference given to current or former foster youth.
- Open to female high school seniors attending a school in Sacramento County
- Plan on attending a two-year community college, four-year college/university, vocational or trade school in the fall
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate financial need (preference will go to students whose expected family contribution EFC is less than $10,000)
- Preference will go to current or former foster youth
- Full time enrollment in 12 units or more is required during the academic year
The scholarship is renewable up to two (3) years. Applicants must reapply to be considered for a renewal award.
Scholarship award may be used for tuition, fees, books and educational supplies.
- $2,000 - $4,000
- Supplemental Questions
- Essay: Please provide a personal essay describing your educational and career goals.
- Are you a senior graduating from a high school in Sacramento County?
- Are you a current or emancipated foster youth?
- First Letter of Reference: provide a letter of reference from individuals who are not related to you. Reference letters must identify the name, title, or relationship to the applicant – (i.e. clergy, neighbor, teacher, family friend) and a telephone number for the individual providing the letter of reference. (one reference should be from an employer or former professor of undergraduate degree)
- Second Letter of Reference: provide a letter of reference from an individual who is not related to you.
- Did you received the Nancy B. Reardan Scholarship in the past 3 years?
- If you have received the Nancy B. Reardan Scholarship before, please list the award amount and the year you received it.
- Show 2 more