Ramona Burnham Scholarship Foundation
The Ramona Burnham Scholarship Foundation was established to provide a $5,000 scholarship to a graduating senior from Baldwin Park Unified School District. Ramona was a kindergarten and first grade teacher in Baldwin Park for over 20 years. Her family and friends honor her work with the children she loved by awarding a scholarship each year to a Baldwin Park Unified School District graduating senior.
- Must be a high senior graduating from Baldwin Park Unified School District
- Must be Hispanic or Latinx and English is your second language
- Be attending a community college, four-year college of university, vocational or trade school in the fall
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Must demonstrate financial need (preference will go to students whose expected family contribution EFC is less than $10,000 and below on your FAFSA/SAR or CAR)
- Must be enrolled full time 12+ units in the fall
Scholarship is renewable up to 4 years. Renewal requirements are as follows: be in good standings at the college or university attending, be enrolled full time 12+ units, and submit a personal statement describing how your college experience has affected you personally and academically to the Sacramento Region Community Foundation.
Scholarship award may be used for the cost of attendance at the institution you will be attending.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a high school senior attending a high school in the Baldwin Park Unified School District?
- Are you Hispanic or Latinx and English is your second language?
- Essay: Please discuss your career goals, ambitions and interests? (minimum of 3 paragraphs)
- Essay: Select one of your BPUSD K-12 educators (teacher, counselor or administrator) and discuss how they influenced your career goals. (minimum of 3 paragraphs)
- Essay: Please tell us about your financial need and how this scholarship will help you. (minimum of 3 paragraphs)
- Essay: What are some challenges you have your gone through learning English as a second language? (minimum of 3 paragraphs)
- You are required to provide two letters of recommendation: First letter from a teacher or other educational professional.
- Second letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, administrator, other school staff or other responsible adult.
- Show 3 more