Mary Ellen Dolcini Scholarship Foundation
The Mary Ellen Dolcini Scholarship was established to fulfill the wishes of Mary Ellen Dolcini to provide scholarships to high school seniors of Mexican American descent from Davis, Woodland and the surrounding area in Yolo County to pursue a college education. Dr. Dolcini was a life-long resident and career educator in Davis, California.
- Must be of Mexican American decent
- Be a high school senior in good standing attending any of the following high schools in Yolo County: Davis High, Da Vinci High School, King High, Woodland High, or Pioneer High School
- Must be attending a Two-Year Community College, Four-Year College/University or Vocational/Trade School in the upcoming academic year
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale with improved grades in junior and senior years
- Demonstrate financial need with an EFC score of 20,000 or below from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Dream Act Application
- Two letters of recommendation from a High School teacher, counselor, or administrator
- Full time enrollment in 12 units or more or equivalent is required during the academic year
Students will be selected based on need, merit, and overall performance in high school including extracurricular activities and recommendations.
Scholarship may be used for the cost of attendance at your school and educational expenses.
- Mary Ellen Dolcini
- $2,500 - $10,000
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you a high school senior in good standing attending any of the following high schools in Yolo County: Davis High, Da Vinci High, King High, Woodland High or Pioneer High?
- Are you of Mexican American descendant (born in the U.S. or abroad)?
- Please provide your fathers name and place of birth.
- Please provide your mothers name and place of birth.
- Essay: Please provide a personal essay of 500 words or less describing your personal goals and professional ambitions after high school, or provide a senior essay from other sources (i.e., Common Application essay or UC Personal Insight question response) that reveals who you are or the background where you have come from.
- First Letter of Recommendation: Provide a recommendation letter from from a High School teacher, counselor, or administrator. Reference letters must identify the name, title, and relationship to the applicant.
- Second Letter of Recommendation: Please provide a recommendation letter from from a High School teacher, counselor, or administrator. Reference letters must identify the name, title, and relationship to the applicant.
- Show 2 more