Mark Murray and Susan Cady Scholarship Fund
Mark Murray and Susan Cady Scholarship Fund was established to provide financial assistance to students with financial need who are pursuing college degrees or technical training in health care or education. Preference is given to first-generation students.
- High school senior or current undergraduate college student attending a school in California.
- Be pursuing a college degree or technical training certification in the areas of healthcare or education
- Planning to attend a two (2) or four (4) year college or university, Vocational or Trade School in the upcoming academic year
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate financial need (preference will go to students whose expected family contribution EFC is less than $10,000 on the FAFSA or California Dream Act application)
- Preference will go to first generation college students
- Preference will go to people of color in the following categories: African American/Black, Asian/Pacific Islander, American Indian or Alaskan Native,
Caucasian/White (ethnicity Latin X or Mexican American)
- Be enrolled full time in at least 12 academic units or equivalent per quarter/semester in the fall
Scholarship award may be used for the cost of attendance at your school and must be be accepted by 9/1/2023 or may be forfeited.
Renewal awards are limited to 1 – 3 years. Applicants must reapply for a renewal award
- $2,000 - $5,000
- Supplemental Questions
- Are you pursuing a college degree or technical training certification in the areas of healthcare or education?
- Are you a high school senior or current undergraduate college student attending a school in California?
- Are you a first generation college student?
- Are you a person of color in one or more of the following categories: African American/Black, Asian/Pacific Islander, American Indian or Alaskan Native, Caucasian/White (ethnicity LatinX or Mexican American)?
- Essay: please provide a self description essay which includes your education and career goals, and how you would give back to your community once you have achieved your education and career goals.
- Letter of Recommendation: Please provide one letter of recommendation from an individual who is not related to you.
- Show 1 more