Mary Ellen Dolcini Scholarship Foundation
The Mary Ellen Dolcini Scholarship was established to fulfill the wishes of Mary Ellen Dolcini to provide scholarships to high school seniors of Mexican American descent from Davis, Woodland and the surrounding area in Yolo County to pursue a college education. Dr. Dolcini was a life-long resident and career educator in Davis, California.
- Must be of Mexican American decent
- Be a high school senior in good standing attending any of the following high schools in Yolo County: Davis High, Da Vinci High School, King High, Woodland High, or Pioneer High School
- Must be attending a Two-Year Community College, Four-Year College/University or Vocational/Trade School in the upcoming academic year
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale with improved grades in junior and senior years
- Demonstrate financial need from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Dream Act Application
- Two letters of recommendation from a High School teacher, counselor, or administrator
- Full time enrollment in 12 units or more or equivalent is required during the academic year
Students will be selected based on need, merit, and overall performance in high school including extracurricular activities and recommendations.
Scholarship may be used for the cost of attendance at your school and educational expenses.