Erin Aaberg Givans Memorial Scholarship
The Children’s Specialty Care Coalition (CSCC) together with the Givans family has established this scholarship fund to honor its founding executive director, Erin Aaberg Givans, who committed her career to advocating for quality health care on behalf of children and youth in California. The scholarship will be available to students pursuing a Master’s degree in public policy or related graduate program (such as public administration or public health) at a California University, who plan to pursue a career in the field of children’s health policy/ children’s health advocacy in California. Scholarship recipients will share Ms. Aaberg Givans’ unwavering dedication and passion for ensuring access to quality health care for children and youth. Ms. Aaberg Givens began her career at a time when there was a limited number of female lobbyists. Her mentor, Liz Berger, was the first female lobbyist in the state. CSCC together with the Givans family want to continue her legacy, and therefore this scholarship is open to only female students.
- Be a female student attending a graduate institution/ program in California in the upcoming academic year.
- Be pursuing a Master’s degree in public policy, public administration or public health with a career goal of working in the field of children’s health policy or children’s health advocacy
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in college (preference will go to 3.5 or better)
- Demonstrate financial need (preference will go to students whose expected family contribution EFC is less than $10,000)
- Must be enrolled full time (12 units or more or equivalent)
The scholarship is renewable up to two (2) years. Applicants must reapply to be considered for a renewal award.
Scholarship award may be used for tuition and fees