Yolo Youth Service Awards
The Yolo Youth Service Awards (YoYoSA) program is designed to promote and reward Yolo County youth volunteering with local nonprofit organizations, and encourage Yolo County nonprofits to engage with youth volunteers. Yolo Community Foundation is proud to recognize tomorrow’s leaders in local philanthropy.
- Student volunteer must be a current high school senior residing in Yolo County
- Must have volunteered at least 60 hours with a recognized Yolo County nonprofit organization during the junior and/or senior year(s) of high school
- Demonstration of: leadership, commitment to public service, maturity, and reliability
- The contribution the Yolo County nonprofit organization makes to enhance the quality of life in Yolo County will be considered
YoYoSA student awardees will receive a $1,000 scholarship to support post-high school education, which may include college, vocational, or technical school. A $500 grant will be awarded to the nonprofit organization sponsoring each YoYoSA student scholarship winner.
YoYoSA Application Process
- The student and his/her sponsoring nonprofit agency supervisor must complete separate YoYoSA
applications. Agency applications can be found on the YCF website at www.yolocf.org
- Yolo Community Foundation may ask selected applicants to participate in an interview
- Funding decisions will be announced by April 30th and YoYoSA awardees will be recognized at a reception hosted by Yolo Community Foundation
Questions may be directed via email to email@example.com or by phone (530-312-0593)