Benny Goodman Foundation
Benny Goodman was a clarinetist, composer, and bandleader driven by his talent and love of music. The Benny Goodman Foundation scholarship was established to support musical talent by awarding a scholarship to a student who is majoring in Jazz or Classical music with an emphasis in the Clarinet. The Benny Goodman Foundation was designed to identify deserving students who best exemplify his passion, drive and love for music. The selection committee will look for students who have a genuine passion for music, and who use their musical gifts and talents to enrich and inspire the lives of others and who will succeed in a career in music.
- Be attending any University of California or California State University in the fall.
- Have a grade point average of 3.0 in music classes
- Be majoring in music with an emphasis in jazz or classical (preference will be given to the clarinet musician)
- Have a genuine passion and talent for music and plan to pursue a career in music.
- Benny Goodman
- $1,000 to $3,500
- Supplemental Questions
- Please provide a list of your extracurricular and/or community activities including work experience and past music performance
- Recommendation: Please provide two letters of recommendation from individuals who are not related to the applicant (one of the letters must be from a music director or instructor who can elaborate on your goals and musical talent)
- Second letter of recommendation
- Essay: Please provide an essay of 500 words or less on the following topic: how has music played a role in your life and what are your future goals are in music
- Are you attending a University of California or California State University in the upcoming academic year
- Do you have a 3.0 GPA in music classes
- Do you plan to pursue a career in music
- Are you a clarinet musician
- Show 3 more