SVVMA Charitable Giving Committee Student Scholarship - Cosumnes River College
The Sacramento Valley Veterinary Medical Association (SVVMA) Charitable Giving Committee Student Scholarship – Cosumnes River College was established to give scholarships to Veterinary Students enrolled in the Veterinary Technology program at Cosumnes River College. Applicants will need to demonstrate their participation in SVVMA/SVVTA activities and other veterinary groups (local VMA’s) and their geographic plans for practice after graduation. Preference will go to to students who plan to practice in the greater Sacramento area after graduation.
- Open to Veterinary Technology students at Cosumnes River College
- Be enrolled in the Cosumnes River College Veterinary Technology program in the upcoming academic year
- Have a 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate participation in organized veterinary medicine groups and SVVMA/SVVTA activities
- Demonstrate career goals after graduation
- Preference will go to to students who plan to practice in the greater Sacramento area after graduation
Scholarship award may be used for tuition, fees, books and educational supplies.
- Supplemental Questions
- Will you be enrolled in the Veterinary Technology Program at Consumnes River College in the upcoming academic year?
- Do you plan to practice in the Sacramento region after graduation?
- Essay: Please provide a detailed essay on your participation in organized veterinary medicine and RVT activities and your goals and geographic plans for practice after graduation.
- Letter of Reference: provide a letter of reference from an individual who you are not related to. The reference letter must identify the individuals name, title, and relationship to you.